Star Wars Merchandise Wiki:Administrators
Administrators, or sysops, are users who can edit any page or do certain tasks that a normal user cannot do, such as banning vandals. They also leave messages for users, telling them about their mistakes or correcting them. Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only. As Star Wars Merchandise Wiki expands, more administrators may be needed to assist in its operation. There are no official criteria to become an administrator, however there are a few basic guidelines. When an administrator is needed, one will be selected from the rest of the users who:
- Has had an account on Star Wars Merchandise Wiki for some time
- Is an active contributor
- Has no history of vandalism or abuse of Star Wars Merchandise Wiki
Again, Administrators are only selected when one is needed. When this occurs, the current Admins will let the rest of the users know. Until then, it is safe to assume that Star Wars Merchandise Wiki is operating smoothly as it is.
Administrators at Star Wars Merchandise Wiki have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Protecting pages. Admins can protect pages from further changes in cases of vandalism or content disputes. This should happen only in certain rare circumstances.
- Deletion and undeletion. Admins can delete and restore pages and images from Star Wars Merchandise Wiki.
- Block and unblock. Admins can ban users from contributing to Star Wars Merchandise Wiki, either for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely. Star Wars Merchandise Wiki has a zero tolerance policy on vandalism.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins may edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text and style of the user interface.
Current list of administrators
- Darth Oblivion - Talk
- Green tentacle - Talk
- Jack Phoenix - Talk - E-mail
- Jorrel Fraajic - Talk - E-mail
- Xwing328 - Talk - E-mail
- Jedimca0 - Talk
- Supergeeky1 - Talk - E-mail
Bold indicates bureaucrat.